Alright y’all. Ghosting is a thing.
People – friends, co-workers, guys…choose to not text you, DM you, or call you back.
Some of us…like me…can automatically think…
- They don’t like me anymore.
- They don’t care.
- I said something wrong.
Or some version. Am I Right?
So here are four really good tips to help you get out of that ghosting drama your mind likes to play.
- Decide if you want to give them a 24-48 hour, even a week, window. If you do, then you’ll text/call them again short and sweet. Easy breezy. “Hey! What’s going on with you?” The shorter, the better.
- Decide what you want to make it mean if they don’t respond. You could make it mean all the things I mentioned earlier – they don’t like me, I got rejected again, I said something wrong…or you can make it mean – they’re busy; they don’t like their own life; they’re not my person. And I want to find my person.
- Decide what YOU want. Do you want a friend who doesn’t remember you except when she needs something? Do you want a guy who doesn’t text back and doesn’t want to hang out with you? So often, we get caught up thinking about the “rejection” that we forget what we want. Oh yeah, I don’t want that kind of guy or friend anyway. (Doesn’t mean you hate them, just means you realize they’re not for you right now)
- Recognize your part & recognize them ignoring you is not emotionally healthy. Decide how you would do things differently, if you don’t like how you acted, and learn from it. That’s an emotionally healthy adult.
- Have gratitude. Yep, this is like you’ve reached the summit. To be able to see it as a blessing. That person isn’t supposed to be in your life right now, and that’s ok. You can be grateful that it is opening up a spot for the person that is.
When someone doesn’t reply back, review these five tips. It will help you get out of that mind drama.